VIVLODEX gives patients with osteoarthritis pain a low-dose NSAID treatment option
To find out more about nonsteroidal anti–inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)—and to learn how SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology® created a low–dose NSAID treatment option for managing osteoarthritis pain—click these links:
VIVLODEX: The lowest FDA-approved dose of meloxicam available (5 mg)
VIVLODEX is the first low-dose SoluMatrix® meloxicam for osteoarthritis pain approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
VIVLODEX: A low-dose SoluMatrix® NSAID for management of osteoarthritis pain
VIVLODEX was created with appropriate patients in mind:
- VIVLODEX is the first low-dose SoluMatrix® meloxicam.
- Meloxicam is a trusted NSAID that is used to manage pain caused by osteoarthritis.
- Low-dose SoluMatrix® NSAIDs were developed to align with recommendations from FDA, medical organizations, and advocacy groups: Use the lowest NSAID dose possible for the shortest time needed for your treatment.
VIVLODEX is FDA approved at low
In addition to being the first low-dose SoluMatrix® meloxicam available, clinical studies demonstrated that VIVLODEX:
- Helped patients experience significant improvements in osteoarthritis pain compared with patients who took placebo.
VIVLODEX was developed using SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology®, a proprietary technology used to create NSAID drug particles that are approximately 10 to 20 times smaller than their original size.
- Helps drugs dissolve quickly so they can be absorbed in the body.
Original NSAID particle size
SoluMatrix® NSAID particle size
See how SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology® reduces the size of drug particles!
VIVLODEX matters because:
Many patients treated for osteoarthritis pain are treated with an NSAID.
Meloxicam is a trusted NSAID physicians commonly use to help patients with osteoarthritis pain.
While NSAIDs including meloxicam can help manage pain and reduce inflammation, studies have shown they can potentially lead to certain serious side effects involving the heart, stomach, and kidneys.
The risk of certain serious side effects increases with increasing doses and longer use of NSAIDs.
FDA recommends that NSAIDs be used:
- Exactly as your doctor prescribes them.
- At the lowest dose possible for your treatment.
- For the shortest time needed.
VIVLODEX (5 mg) provides the lowest available dose of meloxicam.