VIVLODEX gives patients with osteoarthritis pain a low-dose NSAID treatment option
To find out more about nonsteroidal anti–inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)—and to learn how SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology® created a low–dose NSAID treatment option for managing osteoarthritis pain—click these links:
VIVLODEX: The lowest FDA-approved dose of meloxicam available (5 mg)
VIVLODEX is the first low-dose SoluMatrix® meloxicam for osteoarthritis pain approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
VIVLODEX: A low-dose SoluMatrix® NSAID for management of osteoarthritis pain
VIVLODEX was created with appropriate patients in mind:
- VIVLODEX is the first low-dose SoluMatrix® meloxicam.
- Meloxicam is a trusted NSAID that is used to manage pain caused by osteoarthritis.
- Low-dose SoluMatrix® NSAIDs were developed to align with recommendations from FDA, medical organizations, and advocacy groups: Use the lowest NSAID dose possible for the shortest time needed for your treatment.
VIVLODEX is FDA approved at low
In addition to being the first low-dose SoluMatrix® meloxicam available, clinical studies demonstrated that VIVLODEX:
- Helped patients experience significant improvements in osteoarthritis pain compared with patients who took placebo.
VIVLODEX was developed using SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology®, a proprietary technology used to create NSAID drug particles that are approximately 10 to 20 times smaller than their original size.
- Helps drugs dissolve quickly so they can be absorbed in the body.
Original NSAID particle size
SoluMatrix® NSAID particle size
See how SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology® reduces the size of drug particles!
VIVLODEX matters because:
Many patients treated for osteoarthritis pain are treated with an NSAID.
Meloxicam is a trusted NSAID physicians commonly use to help patients with osteoarthritis pain.
FDA recommends that NSAIDs be used:
- Exactly as your doctor prescribes them.
- At the lowest dose possible for your treatment.
- For the shortest time needed.
VIVLODEX (5 mg) provides the lowest available dose of meloxicam.